What happens to your panel once it is submitted?
Once you submit your proposal online ON OR BEFORE July 31st, 2023, you will see a confirmation page that lets you know we have received your panel. You will also receive an email with a confirmation of the panel being in the review process. If you do not see the confirmation page, we have not received your panel!
- Your panel will be entered into the decision process.
- The committee will meet roughly once a month to place proposals in one of three categories.
- You’ll be notified of your status via email as soon as possible. We will send out updates monthly through October 1st.
During the decision process, we’ll also be in touch with any questions we have about your proposal. Because of this, we ask that you check your email regularly, at least once a week, and white list emails from *@awa-con.com
- If you submit your panel by February 28th You will be notified of your status by April 1st.
- While we do send panel status emails throughout the year, you will not receive your placement emails until October 1st at the earliest.
- Panelist badge emails will start being sent October 8th.
It’s important to note that this process isn’t first-come-first-served. For example, if we get a really good proposal about something only loosely connected to anime early on, we’ll often put it in the tentative bucket until we’re sure we have space on the schedule. We are continuing our system of rolling acceptances this year instead of making all the decisions in one batch. While we still like to choose the best panel possible, submitting early may increase your odds of being chosen since there will be less to compare it to.