Everything is tentative and subject to change based on the latest science and CDC guidelines. Updates may be made to this policy/page at any time.
Last updated: October 25, 2022. (edits made for clarity & instructions on how to show at home test results)
All participants are required to show proof of full vaccination + one booster* OR a negative COVID19 test from no more than 3 days before the day you pick up your badge. This will be a requirement to pick up your badge. If you have your vaccine information verified by an app, that will likely be accepted (and is recommended to speed along the registration process).
**At this time (October, 2022), full vaccination means 2 doses of the Moderna or Pfizer vaccination + 1 additional booster + 2 weeks, or 1 dose of the J&J vaccination + one booster + 2 weeks. If your second dose of the Moderna or Pfizer vaccination occured in 2022, you do not need to have been boosted, but your second shot must have been before October 13.
At Home Tests
You can show your negative COVID19 status with an at home test. The test must be taken within 3 days of the day you intend to pick up your badge. So if you plan to pick up on Thursday (10/27), you can take your test as early as Tuesday (10/25). We recommend taking the test as close as possible to badge pick up. If you are using an at home test, please take a picture of the negative result and show us the time-stamped photo when you pick up your badge. You can enable a timestamp watermark by going into the settings in your camera on both iphone and android and selecting “timestamp”. Alternately, you can show the timestamp by tapping the photo a second time after opening it on iPhone, or selecting the “details” menu on the photo on Android.
Proof of Vaccination
- Your physical vaccination card with your name and the date(s) of inoculation
- A clear photo (on your mobile is fine) of both sides of your vaccine card (vaccine card must have your name and the dates of inoculation on it)
- Vaccine Verification apps such as Commonpass, Excelsior Pass, myIR Mobile, etc.
- Other methods may be accepted, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you plan on using a different method.
Your 2nd dose of vaccine (if getting a 2 dose vaccination), your J&J vaccination or your booster MUST be done on or before October 13, 2022. If your final vaccination date is or will be after this date, you will still need to show a negative COVID19 test.
All participants are required to wear masks. AWA directors and crew, vendors, artists, exhibitors, any human over the age of 2 must have a mask on at all times (with the exception of eating or drinking). This policy will be strictly enforced. There may be specific locations for consumption of drinks/food. Please note, you cannot take off your mask for photos unless you are outside.
- Fully cover both your mouth and nose. If you do not have a nose, this also includes beaks, trunks, nostril slits, or snouts.
- Be made with at least 2 layers of breathable material. This does not include mesh.
- Fit snugly but comfortably against the side of the face
- Be secured with ties or ear loops and allow you to remain hands-free
Masks must not
- be neck gaiters, t-shirts pulled up over your face, bandanas or scarves – CDC guidance says these do not do an adequate job of blocking particles
- have a release valve – valves expel your exhaled air and thus are not useful in stopping the spread of COVID19
- have holes or be made of mesh, tulle, screen material, organza, etc.
If you are unsure if your mask qualifies under this policy, it probably doesn’t, but you can send a picture to email@example.com to be sure.
If you’ve somehow managed to go two and a half years without a mask and need one, we will have disposable masks available at the door for $1. We will also have custom reusable AWA masks available for sale at the AWA store. Pricing TBA.
Additional Details & Protocols
- To minimize risk, eating and drinking may be restricted to certain areas. If that is the case, signage will mark where you can and cannot eat.
- To assist with those who may be hard of hearing, panelists will be provided face shields while on stage. While presenting, they may remove their masks, but must wear the face shield. Microphones/face shields will be wiped down between uses
- Hand sanitizer stands will be available throughout the Galleria and Renaissance Waverly for attendees.
- Please do not attend if you are experiencing any COVID19 (or any other illness!) symptoms.
- If you begin feeling unwell while at the convention, please head to Usagi Med so they can check you out and determine if you need to leave or not. Based on the situation, we will offer discounts/credit for a future year.
- Wash your hands frequently/shower/etc
Bear in mind that guests will have varying levels of comfort with human contact. We will do our best to communicate ahead of time what each guests’ requests are. It is possible that they may change their preferences during the convention to be more or less restrictive. Please be patient and understanding so that the guest will feel comfortable and want to come back in future years!
If you are feeling unwell at the time of the convention, STAY HOME and then email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are happy to roll your membership over to next year.