The Super Happy Fun Sell (SHFS) is a yard sale-flea market-garage sale type event held at AWA on Thursday night at the Grand Ballroom of the Renaissance Atlanta Waverly Hotel. The purpose of the SHFS is to give AWA attendees a chance to clean out their closets and pass on previously-enjoyed anime and manga merchandise to other fans.
What can I sell at the SHFS?
- The SHFS is for post-consumer, previously owned anime/manga items only. This means manga, video games, toys, DVDs, model kits, books, cels, comic books, VHS tapes, record albums, professional cosplay items & props, and other used anime and manga memorabilia. Adult material (doujinshi, etc) is allowed, but must be sealed and you must verify that anyone seeking to purchase it is 18 years old.
Is there anything I cannot sell at the SHFS?
- SHFS is only for used items. That means prohibited items include: “new” merchandise, food items (candy, snacks, drinks, etc), homemade crafts or costume items, metal weapons, blades, or any other dangerous weapons.
- If it violates AWA’s Weapons Policy, don’t bring it to SHFS.
- No bootleg merchandise is allowed (pirate or home-burned CDs or DVDs, etc). All merchandise must be visible for inspection – no grab bags or mystery boxes are allowed.
- If you want to sell original crafts or artwork, please check out the Artist Alley for an appropriate venue to sell your works, and if you are a dealer retailing new merchandise, please do so in the Dealer’s Room.
- It’s unfair to other vendors if you sell these items, and if you are caught with them at your table (or otherwise violating the spirit of SHFS), your membership will be revoked, and you will need to vacate your table.
Can I sell stuff in the room without a table?
- The sale of items in the SuperHappyFunSell is restricted to registered SHFS tables. You must have a SHFS table to sell merchandise.
When does setup start?
- You will need to be present at the Waverly at 4pm on Thursday with your merchandise, and confirmation email. Once you’ve been checked in, setup will run from 4pm to 5pm.
- Please plan ahead to get your badge; consider pre-registering with our early start option, or coming to register at 2pm when registration opens. You will need a badge to setup your table.
- You are welcome to invite friends to assist you with the setup and operation of your SHFS table, but they will also need their membership badges.
- We will not hold your table past 5:30, so if you can’t be at the convention before then, please consider holding off on the SHFS for this year. No refunds will be given.
When will people be able to enter to begin purchasing their items?
- At 5pm we will start letting the public in to actually buy things. You should be set up and ready to go. Remember, we will not hold your table past 5:30pm.
Anything else we should know?
- AWA will not provide carts, hand trucks, change, tape, labels, pens, pencils or markers. AWA will NOT be providing electrical power connections OR any kind of Wi-Fi for this event. If you require an internet connection for credit card transactions, make arrangements with the Waverly or your wireless provider in advance.
- Have fun at the SuperHappyFunSell and enjoy the rest of your AWA!
How do I register?
- To reserve a SHFS table, you must be pre-registered for AWA as a single member or as part of a group, with a 3 day badge. SHFS tables are not available for dealers registrants. If you are registering under any other badge type, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Click on the button below (or at the top of this page) and purchase your table through eventbrite.
- Once you’ve registered for your SHFS table, you will get a confirmation email. Please print the email out and have it with you for Thursday night set up.