If your portfolio does not meet these standards, your application will be rejected.
- All the artwork in your portfolio should be your own. We allow for collaborations with other artists, but these should be clearly identified as such.
Your portfolio must consist of at least 12 pictures or examples of your art
- These pieces should showcase your best work, and be representative of what you will display or sell at your table.
Your portfolio must include a picture/drawing of your display
- Provide a photo from another convention or, if it is your first time vending at a convention, provide a mock-up drawing or photo of how you intend to display.
Your portfolio should be available at a single url.
- We do not accept emails with attachments or multiple urls.
- If you do not currently have such a page, you can create one for free on sites such as deviantart.com or wix.com.
- Your portfolio link should be available throughout the entire time of your application process.
- Please do not plan any website maintenance during this timeframe.
- Please contact Artist Alley if any problems with your site occur.
- If our judges attempt to visit your site and it at any time does not meet the 12 piece minimum or is otherwise unavailable, your application will be rejected.
The portfolio link you submit should NOT include:
- Blog posts, profile pictures, or cosplay pictures (unless you are selling cosplay pieces).
- Sketches or incomplete works. There should be no tracing or reproduced art, such as cuttings from comics or photocopies from an official source.
We will no longer accept portfolios on Tumblr, Facebook, or Photobucket.
Exceptions: We may make exceptions for artists of less common types of art, such as Small Press. Please contact Artist Alley directly before submitting your portfolio if you feel the 12 piece rule may not apply to you.
Small Press: Artists who’s work is at least half sequential art, self-published art books and novels, web comics, or comic books are eligible for our Small Press section. Applicants will have the opportunity to indicate if you qualify to be in this special section on the application.