Check out our Dress Code!
The AWA Dress Code Policy covers the Convention Venues (The Renaissance Waverly Hotel, Cobb Galleria Centre, the Galleria Specialty Mall, and the adjoining parking lots and decks).
Be aware that not everybody (including parents, hotel and convention staff, and local law enforcement) are anime and manga fans, so they may question if your costume is appropriate. AWA is a family friendly convention, so parents with young children will be present.
You may be asked to change your costume.
- Wear shoes at all times (including dancing shoes, or entire foot coverings)
- Wear masks ONLY in convention spaces
- Have weapons inspected and peace bound at the Weapons Check booth across from Registration (near the Waverly Room on the second floor of the Renaissance Waverly).
Please Do Not
- Wear/use any of the following items:
- roller skates/roller blades
- metal chains
- Carry solicitation signs (free hugs, etc)
- Carry real weapons
- Carry props that cannot fit through a door or weigh more than 15 lbs
- Wear costumes that resemble law enforcement or medical personnel
- Nudity and underwear only are not allowed
- The sides and undersides of breasts should be covered
- Body suits or flesh-colored fabric is acceptable
- With form-fitting clothing, a dance belt (or other undergarments) to cover genitalia is required
Before taking a photo, please ask your subject if it’s okay. Most people love to be photographed, but you should always ask and get permission. Be aware of your surroundings, as certain areas are crowded with people. Ask who is photographing you that you may want to go to a less crowded location. If you have a weapon as part of your costume, be EXTREMELY careful of crowds walking or running into you, especially if you are posing with a weapon.
In order to protect their own safety and that of others, AWA attendees understand, agree to, and consent that designated AWA representatives or security personnel throughout the convention have an absolute right to inspect costumes, weapons, and any other items, and that they will submit to such an inspection. Any attendee must submit their costumes, weapons, and other items to an immediate inspection upon request or must leave the convention. In the event a person declines to submit to an inspection and refuses to leave, they shall be immediately expelled from the convention and escorted off the premises.
Only AWA may determine whether any particular item covered by this policy is permitted or not permitted at AWA and such determination is solely, exclusively, and absolutely at the discretion of AWA. Persons who do not cooperate with the determinations of AWA concerning the application of this policy to any particular item may be immediately expelled from the convention.
Persons who carry or otherwise bring prop weapons, replicas, or similar items do so at their own, sole, and absolute risk, and assume all risks of liability, harm, damage, or loss to any person or property injured or otherwise harmed, intentionally or accidentally, directly or indirectly, by such items or the person carry them.
Anime Weekend Atlanta, LLC shall not be liable for any injury, harm, damage, or other risk or liability associated with any person’s use of any weapon, replica, or prop, whether permitted or banned hereunder, at AWA. In no event shall AWA, AWA, LLC, and its affiliates and subsidiaries, or the Renaissance Waverly Hotel and the Cobb Galleria Centre have any liability for any incidental, consequential, special, or exemplary, damages hereunder, even if informed of the possibility of same.