How to become an AWA Staffer
1. Be 16 years of age by the time of the convention.
Minors 16 - 17 of age must also submit a Parent Consent Waiver signed and filed by September 26th, 2013.
2. Fill out the Staff Application.
3. Must be able to verify your age and name with a valid form of identification. (ie. driver’s license or student ID) at the time of the convention.
4. Meet the five listed Qualifications for being a Staffer as listed on this website.
5. Wait to receive Acceptance Email to Staff from the Staffing Directors.
6. Receive Department Placement Email with Department Handbook from the Staffing Directors.
If you signed up for a department that requires an interview, then you need to attend a staff meeting to do your in-person interview by Aug. 18th 2013.
7. Attend a Staff meeting. Out-of-state staffers will receive instructions in their Acceptance Email in regards to Staff Meeting Attendance.
AWA Staff Meetings are held on these dates in 2013:
Meetings are held on Sundays on the first floor of the Renaissance Waverly Hotel. The Staff meetings are broken into two separate groups. Orientation for New Staff and interviews for departments starts at 2:00PM in the Kennesaw Room on the first floor near the bathrooms. Returning Staff meeting will take place at 3:00PM room location is TBD at this time. All meetings will run till 6:00PM.
June 9th, 2013 (2:00 - New Staff Orientation in Kennesaw Rm / 3:00 - Returning Staff in Habersham)
August 18th, 2013 (2:00 - New Staff Orientation / 3:00 - Returning Staff)
Cut off Dates:
June 9th - Events: Maid Cafe Interviews Last Day
August 18th - Last Staff Meeting and Last day for Department Interviews
August 24th - Shirt Cut Off
September 1st - Last Day for Applications
September 23rd - Cancellation Cut off w/o Penalty (Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line "Cancellation")
Staff Status & Department Assignment
Staffers are assigned to a Primary Department, which is the assigned department that is set by the HR/Staffing Department. Staffing status is determined by the number of hours that a person accumulates within a single department. Status is only valid in one department and does not carry over into a new department. Rank hours do not affect benefits, just rank. Work done in any department that is not the Primary will not be put towards rank in the Primary Department. At the end of each convention, it is at the discretion of the Department Director(s) to allow back or decline a staffer's return to their Department. More information regarding return policy is in the Department Handbooks.
Supervisors: are determined and appointed by a Department Director.
Veterans: are those who have accumulated 36+ hours within a Primary Department.
Rookies: are those who have accumulated 12 - 35 hours within a Primary Department.
Printable version of the 2013 General Staff Handbook - COMING SOON!