How to become an AWA Full Volunteer
1. Be 16 years of age by the time of the convention.
Minors 16 - 17 of age must also submit a Parent Consent Waiver signed and filed by TBA.
2. Fill out the Volunteer Application.
3. Must be able to verify your age and name with a valid form of identification. (ie. driver’s license or student ID) at the time of the convention.
4. Meet the five listed Qualifications for being a Volunteer as listed on this website.
5. Wait to receive Acceptance Email to Volunteer from the Human Resources Directors.
6. Receive Department Placement Email with Department Handbook from the Human Resources Directors.
If you signed up for a department that requires an interview, then you need to attend a volunteer meeting to do your in-person interview by TBD.
7. Attend a Volunteer meeting. Out-of-state volunteers will receive instructions in their Acceptance Email in regards to Meeting Attendance.
AWA Full Time Volunteer Meetings are held on these dates in 2014:
Meetings are held on Sundays at the Renaissance Waverly Hotel (Main Convention Hotel). Orientation for New Volunteers and interviews for departments starts at 2:00PM, Room locations may vary each meeting. Returning Volunteers meeting will take place at 3:00PM room location is TBD at this time. All meetings will run till 6:00PM.
AWA 2014 STAFF DATES - COMING SOON!
Cut off Dates:
ALL DATES ARE TBA AT THIS TIME.
Volunteer Status & Department Assignment
Volunteers are assigned to a Primary Department, which is the assigned department that is set by Human Resources. Volunteer status is determined by the number of hours that a person accumulates within a single department. Status is only valid in one department and does not carry over into a new department. Rank hours do not affect benefits, just rank. Work done in any department that is not the Primary will not be put towards rank in the Primary Department. At the end of each convention, it is at the discretion of the Department Director(s) to allow back or decline a volunteer's return to their Department. More information regarding return policy is in the Department Handbooks.
Supervisors: are determined and appointed by a Department Director.
Veterans: are those who have accumulated 36+ hours within a Primary Department.
Rookies: are those who have accumulated 12 - 35 hours within a Primary Department.